Thursday, June 17, 2010

BP OIl - Mystery Packages on the seabed UPDATE

More pictures have been posted of the mystery packages near the oil leak.  All pictures are available here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/106602219165465985817

I even have screen shots disproving that rampant theory of flames shooting out of the BOP.  ;o)

I'll continue to take screen captures in the hopes of finding that one specific identifying piece that we need.
 
I really would love to hear some theories about these packages - what do you think they are?   

If you couldn't care less about the leak or these packages or the 4000 ft of pipe and hose......

In the latest batch of pictures - I've also included a lot of pics of the fish (AND SQUID!!) that were viewable on the ROV's trip back to the bottom.  The ROV operators were clearly enjoying the show as well.  They stopped several times - they turned the lights off, waited 30 seconds or so and would turn them back on...and there'd be just tons of fish!  The best was when the squid came over to inspect the ROV - they did the light thing again and they got a great screen capture of the squid freaking out (they stopped the cam for a brief second).  I sadly, did not get that shot - in my excitement, I hit something the flipped my screen sideways. :o(  I did get shots before hand and caught another squid later on.  It made me feel good to know that humans who liked fish are operating the ROV - so maybe there is hope after all!!  :o) 

But really....you SHOULD be caring about what's happening with this leak.  It's not going to get better any time soon :o( (and it just may get a LOT worse!)

No comments:

Post a Comment